The Dayton Power and Light Company Foundation awards grants
• Boonshoft Museum of Discovery/Dayton Society of Natural History – $50,000 to power science education with improved in-person and virtual educational content and programming in the Science Theatre and Do Lab designed for students, teachers and families.
• Boys and Girls Club of Dayton – $50,000 to support repairs and updates to the 60-year-old west Dayton facility with a focus on digital inclusion and exposure to STEM and technology.
• Daybreak – $50,000 to support the new Drop-in Engagement Center within the Opportunity Zone used to provide emergency, drop-in and engagement services for homeless young adults living in the St Vincent DePaul adult shelters plus agency operations of emergency assistance, shelter and job training programs.
• Dayton Art Institute – $160,000 lighting of the museum exterior and Historic Hillside restoration.
• Dayton Live (formerly Victoria Theatre Association) – $85,000 to support operations and programming of the Arts Annex.
• Dayton Performing Art Alliance – $130,000 partnering to power innovation in the performing arts and expand the digital storytelling capacities of DPAA and continue as the title sponsor of the Family Series.
• Omega Community Development Corporation – $50,000 funding for The Hope Center for Families, which will assist in education, work training and health and wellness support for West Dayton families.
• United Way of Greater Dayton – $120,000 upholding more than 100 years of support to UW for education, income and health programs provided to the community through the LIVE UNITED Fund.
• University of Dayton – $54,000 to continue funding the University of Dayton Statehouse Civic Scholars and DC Flyers Student Intern programs, supporting interns since 2014.
• Wright State University – $75,000 funding alternate energy projects, degree completion and student success in the colleges of Business and Engineering & Computer Science.
• YWCA Dayton –$50,000 for expansion of racial justice and outreach programs (Girls LEAD and AMEND Together youth programs) and capital for building renovations.
For more information about investments The DP&L Foundation makes in the community, visit the foundation’s website at https://www.dpandl.com/About-DPL/Community/.