JOB TITLE: Director, Individual Leadership Gifts REPORTS TO: Vice President RD
TEAM: Resource and Development FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE: October 5, 2021
GENERAL FUNCTION: Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and expanding significant individual donor relationships across the UWGDA’s portfolio. Ensures the development and execution of comprehensive relationship management strategies and the achievement of assigned growth, retention, participation, and revenue goals for the individuals within assigned portfolio. Tailors and executes the initiatives necessary to establish and preserve the United Way as the primary philanthropic conduit between individuals, their employers, and the communities in which they operate. Ensures the delivery of a year-round engaging experience for all donors and volunteers. This position reports to the Vice President, Resource Development.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manages portfolio of top level individual donor relationships across the UWGDA’s footprint
- Ensures deep, strategic, year-round, sustainable relationships between the donors and prospects within assigned portfolio are cultivated.
- Identifies the philanthropic goals and objectives of each individual and prospect, establishing oneself as a primary resource and contact in their relationship with the United Way.
- Ensures a comprehensive understanding of the background of each individual and prospect exists, with a personalized and differentiated approach to each client developed.
- Drives awareness of the United Way, its mission, fundraising, and recruitment needs to the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- As the relationship with the individual donors, their affiliated corporations, and their overall relationship with UWGDA matures, ensures a smooth transition of the developed relationships to the Resource Development Team.
- Collaborates and coordinates with Workplace Campaigns as needed for the annual campaign for companies affiliated with the individual donors and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Engages key volunteer leaders in the implementation strategies within assigned portfolio.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Community Impact, Finance and Volunteer Connection to tailor strategies for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio.
- Partners with Resource Development Team to share and review information and reports to achieve mutual goals of increased participation and retention.
- Ensures the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and process for the individuals and prospects within assigned portfolio is managed, analyzing data and reports for opportunity and risk identification. Tracks and evaluates effectiveness of strategies, campaigns, and overall results.
- Provides insight into the planning and execution of special events, participating in key events with donors, prospects, and the United Way and the communities and agencies supported.
- Assists in the training of new employees as needed to systems and processes of the UWGDA and the team.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization, and employees and leadership within assigned portfolio.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required. Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Eight or more years professional work experience, with five or more years previous experience in a fundraising, development, communication and/or public relations capacity required. Thorough working knowledge of relationship-based fund raising procedures and philosophies.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft office products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent listening skills, with the proven ability to solicit information from others.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation.
- Proven ability to create, grow and retain strong customer relationships.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships across organizations and work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Hybrid office environment with little exposure to dust, noise, temperature, and the like.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Frequent local travel within the regional area, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Reliable personal transportation required.
- Extended viewing of computer monitor.
COMPETENCIES: Dynamic Leadership, Organizational/Strategic Planning, Communication Skills, Relationship Building, Technologically Proficient
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Team members may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor. Please forward resumes to: Tiffanyr@dayton-unitedway.org