Freedom Schools 2017
Freedom Schools 2017 is quickly approaching! The Montgomery County Freedom Schools Collaborative is excited to once again offer this summer experience to our community’s children. Freedom Schools inspires a love of learning, empowers scholars to make a difference, and builds literacy skills to avoid summer learning loss and provide a running start back to school in the fall. To learn more about the national CDF Freedom Schools model, click here.
Please find below the contacts for 2017 Freedom Schools applications for each of our seven sites. Open enrollment begins April 10, 2017. Please note that slots fill up extremely quickly. Please also note that your child must complete kindergarten before summer 2017.
If your child has just completed kindergarten, please bring proof of completion (e.g. report card).
If accepted, please bring a copy of the language arts portion of the child’s spring assessment scores (e.g. MAP, STAR, TerraNova, etc.) on the first day of Freedom Schools.
Sites with an asterisk serve scholars who have graduated kindergarten up to scholars who are ready to enter 5th grade.
All other sites serve scholars who have graduated kindergarten up to scholars who are ready to enter 8th grade.
Your child must reside in Montgomery County, Ohio.
- *Boys & Girls Club of Dayton | 1828 W. Stewart Street | Dayton, OH 45417
- Trenna Fritz, Membership Coordinator
- – (937) 262-8377 | Trenna@bgcdayton.org
- Grace United Methodist | 1001 Harvard Blvd | Dayton, OH 45406
- Debra Humphrey, Project Director
- – (937) 836-3167 | email@example.com
- New Lebanon Schools | 200 S Fuls Rd | New Lebanon, OH 45345
- Aaron Smith, Project Director
- – (937) 687-3508 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- *Northridge Schools | 2251 Timberlane Dr | Dayton, OH 45414
- Todd Petty, Project Director
- – (937) 275-6833 | email@example.com
- Omega CDC | 1800 Harvard Blvd | Dayton, OH 45406
- Miracle Reason
- – (937) 723-8254 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Allen Schools | 184 Salem Ave | Dayton, OH 45406
- Crystal Gilbert-Mosley, Project Director
- – (937) 586-9756 | email@example.com
- Westwood PreK-6 | 2805 Oakridge Dr | Dayton, OH 45417
- Vanessa Mosley-Kimball Project Director
- – Work (937) 542-5019 | Cell (937) 389-1016 | firstname.lastname@example.org